Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

TNS Listener

2006-08-10
2013-05-02
  • inanozdemir
    inanozdemir
    2006-08-10

Hi,
    I have a problem.My App.Server and Oracle database server and client are in the same pc, when the network cable is connected, compiere works.But when the network cable is not connected, Compiere doesnt start. Oracle TNS Listener service cannot be started. The wierd thing is when we connect to another network still TNS Listener cannot be started.

• MZI
      MZI
      2006-08-10

are u running dhcp client on you pc? So the ip of your pc is changing depend on network you are connected to. Try to check files listener.ora, tnsnames.ora that your host is set no ip but name of your computer.

• wissem sfar
      wissem sfar
      2006-08-10

did you tried with "localhost" as database host for connection ??

Wissem
      Omega Ingenierie.

• inanozdemir
      inanozdemir
      2006-08-10

Compiere dont allow you to enter "Localhost".Yes I use dhcp client.So the ip changes.But I execute "RUN_setup.bat" and change  the dbserver and App.servers ip, but because of the tns listener service cannot be started, it gives dbport error when I start testing "RUN_setup.bat Setting".
      Does "RUN_setup.bat" changes  the listener.ora, tnsnames.ora  files? Orsholu I changeit by myself...

• MZI
        MZI
        2006-08-10

first is your oracle client working. Are you able connect eith SQL plus? If yes than problem is in compiere configuration. If not first setup correctly oracle.