Accounting Customization

BjornMW
2006-09-19
2013-05-02
  • BjornMW
    BjornMW
    2006-09-19

Could someone give me an idea of how much customization of the source code, AD, database is required for following changes:

GL entries: select account with several drop down lists or search fields instead of account combination (which requires several more mouse clicks and the save button for each new account combination)
    By the way: what is the advantage of this way (account combination)? I couldn't give our accountant a good answer.
    Idea:
    drop down for Organization
    search field for Account
    optional drop down for Product, BP, Project...
    4 additional drop downs with further details. These details should depend on the account selected.
    i.e Account 1211 is defined to have Detail1=ListA, Detail2=ListC
    Account 211 is defined to have Detail1=ListB, Detail2=ListA

Furthermore they prefer to see all information on one screen: header of the new GL entry and all Dr/Cr lines in a grid view, but on the same tab. I have seen that e-evolution used this in their Kompiere.

• ADAXA
      ADAXA
      2006-09-20

Bjorn,
      Can you explain a bit more ...
      "4 additional drop downs with further details. These details should depend on the account selected.
      i.e Account 1211 is defined to have Detail1=ListA, Detail2=ListC
      Account 211 is defined to have Detail1=ListB, Detail2=ListA ".

Is Detail1 a sub account or some user defined account element?

This filtering sounds similar to having BP and Project as part of the account code and (in say an invoice header) wanting to filter the displayed projects to just those projects related to the selected BP. This was able to be done with a simple sql statement in the window definition (dynamic validation?). Perhaps you can achieve a similar result for your problem without program changes?

Also, not the complete answer but no code change required .. You can copy the import GL window and remove the majority of the fields to end up with a 'quick journal' window with dropdowns for Org, Element, project etc. You can enter lines, then click the import button then complete the imported journal in the usual way. I recall that you have to set a default value in a number of fields and then not display them on the window so the user ends up with the least number of things displayed in the window. 

Seems to work ok and 'only import if no errors' saves you from your own mistakes... and requires no <snip> 'combination'.

"By the way: what is the advantage of this way (account combination)? I couldn't give our accountant a good answer." ... and after three years thinking about it, neither can this accountant!

Hope the above is helpful.

regards..

• albert
      albert
      2006-09-26

What r u doning . use GL entries to do ERP system.
      Dont't use GL entries
      Add-on Serveral Doc-Type
      for mapping account, bpartner, porduct, project...
      Accounting server will be auto-gen combination ...

when traffic light is red, how can we pass and safy, don't cross road and pass-thru from road-bridge..

Resolve the problem, don't straight down and problem, we can chioce the right routine..

GL entries:
      select account with several drop down lists or search fields instead of account combination (which requires several more mouse clicks and the save button for each new account combination)

from Compiere beyond Compiere

We support worldwide Compiere Official partner Customize and Opensour ERP Lover

OpenSource ERP GodFather
      Skype DrAlbertEinstein