Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

How to setup multiple stores

caleb
2007-03-26
2013-05-02
  • caleb
    caleb
    2007-03-26

My company have 5 showrooms and 1 central warehouse and HQ, delivery will be done by warehouse, showrooms only keep display items. How do I setup so that I can distinguish sales for different showroom and also keep track of display items for each showroom?

I'm also confused with the organizations, if I create a product under on organization, can it be used for another organization to generate sales order? waht about BPartners for different Org, what's there relationship?

Anyone can give me some advice.

Thanks a lot.

• caleb
      caleb
      2007-03-26

Do I have to setup a warehouses for each store in order to track display items?
      Anyone can help?

• Enrique Ruibal
      Enrique Ruibal
      2007-03-26

Hi,

1. You need to define 1 warehouse per showroom so you can keep track of the items in each showroom
      2. You also define one organization per showroom so that your sales documents e.g. sales orders/invoices can reference each of the showrooms, however these items can be shipped directly from main warehouse

Enrique R.

• caleb
      caleb
      2007-03-26

But if I create a new product, which organization should I choose? the (*) Org or HQ? If I define a B.Partner as Sales Rep and assign to one Org, can this Sales Rep be transfered to another showroom? Please advice, thanks a lot.!!

• Enrique Ruibal
      Enrique Ruibal
      2007-03-26

Usually when you define a new entity e.g. Business Partner, Product, it will save the record with (*) or (HQ), but this ultimately doesn't matter, you can use them for any of your documents notwithstanding the organization that you are referring to e.g. as in Sales Order.

• caleb
      caleb
      2007-03-26

eruibal, thanks a lot.

• caleb
      caleb
      2007-03-26

I created a new warehouse for one showroom under "Warehouse & Locators", but I can't assign this warehouse to the showroom under "Organizations", is there something wrong?

• caleb
      caleb
      2007-03-26

OK, I get it, must create the warehouse under the showroom Org.