Please help, I have been battling this issue for a couple of days, I have looked at all the posts concerning pricelist on this forum and can't find a solution. Here's the deal:
I created a purchase pricelist schema called 'purchase' it has three sequences numbered 10,20,30.
10 has product,business partner and product category blank.
20 has a specific product category
30 has a specific business partner.
I then created two different purchase pricelist based on the 'purchase' schema.
one for a specific business partner in (EUR) and the other for a product category in my default currency.
I have hit the create pricelist button and I see my prices have been generated.
When I go to the 'product info' window I can't see the EUR pricelist. I must add here that I was initailly able to see this pricelist and I even generated a requisition using it but when I tried to convert the requisition into a po i got errors, I went back to check and I believed the errors were being caused by the fact that I had not opnened the periods concerned but after opening them, I tried again to generate a po but still got errors. Thats when I relalized that my pricelist(EUR) was not showing up any more.
Does anyone have any ideas what could be causing this please? I am desperate!
Thanks for all your help.
p.s. if I create more pricelist in my default curerncy, I can see them. I just can't see the EUR pricelist.
What Compiere version are you using?
and what Database?
I am using oracle 10g standard edition with 2.6.0a of compiere
I replicated this same issue using the garden world demo. If you try and create a pricelist using a different currency other than your default currency, it does not appear in the product info window.
This is definitely a bug, I just placed a Support Request for this. Please check
Just tested in latest code and it correctly generates the prices
Price List schema is not defined correctly (check dates, rate type and restrictions on products selected)
Base price list is not correct
Currency rates not defined correctly
Are we talking same version 2.60a Oracles Standard/XE?
It does work with default currencies but NOT with additional currencies e.g. your default is USD and alternative is EUR or MXN. I Replicated as you adviced and it doesn't work in this latest public release 2.60a:
- Price list schema is correct (I use the simplest one, only one schema line)
- date range is valid (I used today's in all cases)
- currency rate is valid (used both usd -> eur, eur -> usd rate for today's)
- it doesn't work either with or without base price list
Found it is an issue if yoyu re-create an existing price list. Can create the first time but then no subsequent. Logged as bug
I tried the DB Export and then DB restore and now, I am able to convert the currency fine. But the initial problem is still there. Pricelist that are not in the default currency will not show up in the product info window. If I convert to my default currency, the pricelist shows up in the product info. Any suggestions with this please?
The answer is here
You have to use SQL Developer or Oracle XE SQL Editor to fix it.
Enrique thanks alot for all your help, but I need to bother you a little bit more, I have worked exclusively in MS environment until now using Query analyzer and SQL sever and C#. This is my first foray into the world of oracle and Java. So I could do with a little more hand holding please.
I downloaded SQL developer and connected to my db as suggested, I am looking at the functions and there is a function called 'CURENCYRATE'. All the code in the solution is not there.
From what I can decipher, it appears to call another function called 'cuurencyRate' which I believe to be a Java object with the following path 'org.compiere.sqlj.Currency.rate' and passes it some information.
My question is:
1. Can you please walk me through what I need to do to make the adjustments to the actual object and will I need to recompile or anything. Or is it that I am just looking in the wrong place?
2. I just wanted to make you aware that the conversions are actually working now, the only problem I am still having is that the pricelist when converted is will show in the product info window if I use my default currency but will not show if I use any other currency so I assume this fix will solve that right?
Thanks for all your help, it is much appreceated.
If you are able to see the converted pricelist on the Price List window then your problem must have been solved by restoring the database, I think that created the SQLj functions that you needed. SQLj is only supported by Oracle Standard and not by XE, so in orther to fix this conversion issue under XE you need to recreate the function directly in Oracle as per the procedure suggested before.
Now, the other issue,
> the only problem I am still having is that the pricelist when converted is will show in the product info window if I > use my default currency but will not show if I use any other currency
that is an old bug, unfortunately at this point you can't see foreign currency price lists on Product Info window, you have to look at them either at price list window and/or Purchase/Sales Order windows, please check this
I hope this helps you further,
Thanks for all your help. I am ok now.