Extending compiere to add core functionality

cabs
2004-10-06
2013-05-02
  • cabs
    cabs
    2004-10-06

Hi,

I'm new to compiere and I was wondering is it possible to extend compiere so that I could add financial services to it?  These services would be the sort of services a bank would offer like savings accounts, short and long term loans and so on.

In addition to this I'd like to integrate this "financial services" module with the current accounting and CRM features that compiere provides.  Is this at all possible and if so does any one have any insight on compiere's architecture that would help me complete this task?  I have looked for material on compiere's architecture but so far have found very little.

Thank you in advance

• Redhuan D. Oon
      Redhuan D. Oon
      2004-10-07

Hi,
      The answer to that is Yes.

I believe there are those who must attempted to reverse-engineer Compiere's architecture, but so far no one has presented such a well-earned effort.

I am sure some will contact u directly if they read this.

On a more cruder basis, Marco try to kick-off more sharing on it in http://sourceforge.net/projects/compilo

Your interesting addon will certainly require a substantial effort. If you are interested in making it Open Source, then contact me, present the reqs. I can offer some gaps analysis vis a vis Compiere, and some pointers of whatever i know so far on the development model.

Thank you.
      red1