Paypal Gateway/Merchant integration

Phil Laing
2006-06-23
2013-05-02
  • Phil Laing
    Phil Laing
    2006-06-23

Hello

I am looking at viable alternative to implementing a merchant account/gateway for Compiere.  I am aware that Verisign is Compiere's default gateway however initial monthly charges are my concern at this point in time. 

I am also interested in integrating Paypal relatively transparantly so that Paypal logo etc is minimal. Has anyone has looked into Paypal as an alternative solution to Verisign + merchant account or any other solution for that matter?

Thanks in advance

• Phil Laing
      Phil Laing
      2006-06-23

Thought I would change the subject to attract a little more interest.  After much research I have discovered the Verisign Gateway has been purchase by Paypal.  It also looks like Paypal Pro will be more than likely a sort after Merchant Account/Gateway solution for many web ecommerce developers in the near future. 

I would be more than intereste to find out how Compiere stands on this matter.  If Paypal is integrated with Compiere I would suggest it would make Compiere even more viable/desirable for potential web store developers

Appreciate your comments

cheers

• If you are willing to make changes to the source code, you can write your own payment processor class as an extension of the PaymentProcessor superclass. Then you point to it for the tender types of your choice using the Payment Processor tab of the Bank window.

For credit card payments, we are using YourPay.com; but we also defined some new tender types which are unique to our organization and created internal payment processors for them.

If PayPal supports a Java API, there would be nothing to prevent you from doing the same, so that Compiere accepts PayPal payments.

Dennis