Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

"Warning! No persistance object for......"

i-dcar
2004-09-23
2013-05-02
  • i-dcar
    i-dcar
    2004-09-23

helo fung,

hopefully iam not too late to answer ur question.

u mean's u mant to generate java code for additional column that u just created in table C_Order. is't right?

i am not sure if this is the best solution. actually for existing table.. i manually write the java code for the additional columns. just go to X_C_Order.java and create a new method for each column that created before. what i am understood.. contents of this file are used to communicate with the database in other words called "setter getter".

i thinks in any X_  java file u can find many examples how to write this code.  it's not so difficult to write the code. just becareful with the name of the column exp: "C_Order_ID" u specify in the method must  exactly same with the name u created in the table.

maybe anybody can also share the solutions how to solve this problem.

fung, sorry becoz too late reply ur msg.

regard
    i-dcar.

• Redhuan D. Oon
    Redhuan D. Oon
    2004-09-28

Hi,
    Neil is right. In many cases, though sounds complicated, the solution may just be new fields (with elements selected), some callouts the most, and no GenerateModel.
    The Callout framework of getValue and setValue does persist the info in the Oracle database.

Whereas using GenerateModel, that results in X_* setters and getters are just for new methods that you want to create outside the callout framework. Both seems to be different models of db interfacing in their own right.

I have given my case tutorials here http://red1.org/ about callouts. In fact i never did a GenerateModel before for all my cases. If things still not clear, or any interesting discovery, pls share.

red1