Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

compiere setup error..

tamirat
2007-06-01
2013-05-02
  • tamirat
    tamirat
    2007-06-01

hello friends.. i was trying to install compiere on my new PC.. it is my first time,by the way, i follow the steps of the installation .. install oracle.. java and manually add the environmanet files for the java and compiere ... when i run the Run_Setup.. after passing many checkboxes.. it stack on database name without any red sign..and on the dos window it says TNS could not resolve service name and it will prompt me to enter user name but does not allow me to write any thing on that dos.. remember the service name is the valid in my database and i can logged in there with scott, sys and system roles...
    Note.. the only thing i add on the java frame on the RUN_Setup is adding the system password that was blank and it is checked and succeded..
    can any body help me this... i have tried for the past two days but can't figure it out
    thanks
    tamirat

• tamirat
      tamirat
      2007-06-02

any body?

• Enrique Ruibal
      Enrique Ruibal
      2007-06-02

What DB are u using?

• vinay kurudi
      vinay kurudi
      2008-12-11

Hi tamirat

just look into TNSNames.ora file
      [url similar to like this D:\oracle\product\10.2.0\db_1\NETWORK\ADMIN\tnsnames.ora]

• Hi!

I think the problem is with compiere user. Before starting installation you should have created the compiere user in your database and grant him unlimited quota on tablespace USERS