Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

how to run Compiere in eclipse

ravi
2006-11-17
2013-05-02
  • ravi
    ravi
    2006-11-17

Hello,

i have import all packages (Compiere-all)in the eclipse 3.1+Myeclipse with java5. i have remove all errors but warnings are still there. would you tell me how can i run the server and cient. and how can i add a class in server or client.

I am trying to run %Compiere_Home%/install/src/org.compiere.install Setup  class but i gives me an signer security exception error.

it give me en error when Setup class is making en object of ConfigurationPanel class. whinle both are in same package.

java.lang.SecurityException: class "org.compiere.util.EMailAuthenticator"'s signer information does not match signer information of other classes in the same package
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.checkCerts(ClassLoader.java:775)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.preDefineClass(ClassLoader.java:487)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:614)
        at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:124)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:260)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(URLClassLoader.java:56)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:195)
        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:188)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:306)
        at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:268)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:251)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:319)
        at org.compiere.install.Setup.jbInit(Setup.java:85)
        at org.compiere.install.Setup.<init>(Setup.java:40)
        at org.compiere.install.Setup.main(Setup.java:136)

Any help please.

Regards
    Ravi

• Vincent Harcq
      Vincent Harcq
      2006-11-19

You should run Compiere from Sources and external Jars, not from Compiere generated Jars.

And start org.compiere.Compiere

• ravi
      ravi
      2006-11-20

Hi Vincent,

Would you tell me how can i run the client and server application in eclipse. when i run the org.compiere.Compiere  i got only this message

"Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM 1.5.0_02 <> 1.4.1/2"     on applet.

This message on eclipse console

11:44:21.609  Compiere: Compiere(tm) Version 2.5.0d/2003-11-01 - Smart ERP & CRM - Copyright (c) 1999-2003 Jorg Janke; Implementation: 2.5.0d 20031107-1305 - (C) 1999-2003 Jorg Janke, ComPiere Inc. USA
      11:44:21.609  Compiere: \Compiere2 - Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM 1.5.0_02-b09 - Windows XP 5.1 Service Pack 2

Please tell me how can i run this.

Thanks & Regards
      Ravi

(karnisoft.com)

• sam
      sam
      2006-11-21

Hi Ravi,

The Compiere Server, we run from fully built source. So the server specific functionalities, for, eg., Accounts Posting (that needs account server) may not be accessed from within Eclipse.

Before running Compiere in eclipse, pls verify the following :

A)Database : You should have crossed RUN_IMPORTCOMPIERE, in the Compiere installation procedure. (http://www.compiere.org/support/install/createDatabase.html), ie., your database already has the necessary dump in it. 

B: Eclipse
      B1) Installed JRES (Windows>Preference>Java)
      B2) Compiler chosen 5.0 ( ,,)

Once you set the above, the source (for eg., from svn ) should not display any errors in eclipse. Warnings are ok.

Then you can go to RUN>Run>Java Applictaion, press the "new" button and "search" for main Classes. In the displayed list, select Compiere and Run it.

You should get the login screen

Hope the above is of some help to you.

regards

sam24368

• Compiere source code is set in eclipse using er/box. I can modify, compile and run in eclipse. May be this is a silly question but I would like to know how can I install the modified code so that from erbox icon can open the newly modified client.

It's urgent.

Thanks.

• vinay kurudi
      vinay kurudi
      2008-12-11