Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

importing orders with multiple line items

2009-12-07
2013-05-02
  • Mel Haynes Jr
    Mel Haynes Jr
    2009-12-07

First off, my environment:
    Compiere Professional 3.4 ( web ui )

I am using Talend to import orders from a customer system and loading orders seems to be a nightmare. The documentation on it is very poor and guessing is taking me longer than I care to admit so I thought I would ask here as a last ditch effort.

I basically want to load orders that contain multiple products ( line items ). I started off putting all the header information in each import record as well as the line item. Each line item had the same document number so I thought the import would recognize this and load them as line items. No good. My next step was to load all the header information, import, then load the line items in ( looking up the order id and putting it in the import record ) thinking it would attach it to the order instead of creating a new order. Sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't and I cant figure out why. First, when you create an order header without a product, it creates a "standard" line item for the order. Then the line items being imported would get put in a different order called "standard". Or, it would just not import. I would get a generic error or no error at all. Its very frustrating.

Another frustrating piece is figuring out which locations go where. Billing locations and shipping locations may be different and the import order table ( i_order ) is not very intuitive. My last resort is trying importing using the web services, but thats a whole other issue I don't want to get into yet.

Is there anyone out there loading multiple line item orders successfully and would like to share the secret?

• Steven Renaud
    Steven Renaud
    2009-12-07

DocumentNo, Business Partner, Business Partner Location and Bill Partner should be the same to consolidate Import Order.

• Mel Haynes Jr
    Mel Haynes Jr
    2009-12-07

Thank you for all your responses, Steven. It is much appreciated. I will try this out and see how it works and report back ( so other people with the same issue can benefit. Can't tell you how painful it is to search the forums sometimes )