Initial balance of banks

2005-11-18
2013-05-02
  • Somebody can say to me like registering the initial balances of the banks to be able to reaalizar the conciliation. I understand that the account balances are entered the GL Journal, but this is single accountant.
    Thanks for its aid

• ADAXA
      ADAXA
      2005-11-18

one option...
      Assume your GL bank account balance is $50,000 and you have $10,000 of unpresented checks and $60,000 balance on your bank statement, take up your opening balances in Compiere GL as $60,000 debit in Bank and $10,000 credit in Bank in Transit.

Create a Charge pointing to the Bank it Transit account.

You can then start your first bank reconciliation by entering a balance of $60,000.

When a check is presented which was from before you started using Compiere, create a Bank Statement line, enter the statement amount and allocate it to the charge. This should credit the bank and debit 'bank in transit'.

Test it first!

regards..

• thanks ADAXA, I will test it, but in compiere I can not registry initial datas for bank, customer, vendor...  why? if it is critical for initial operations?

Regards.

Gaby

• ADAXA
      ADAXA
      2005-11-19

" but in compiere I can not registry initial datas for bank, customer, vendor... why? if it is critical for initial operations? "

You can .. another thread talks about loading opening inventory quantities and values. Bank is discussed here. 

Open sales and purchase invoices can be imported as invoices to a charge that distributes to a suspense account which can be cleared when you import the rest of your gl balances or entries.

regards..