Payment schedule: How to remind when due?

Q Wang
2005-11-06
2013-05-02
  • Q Wang
    Q Wang
    2005-11-06

In 252d, I have noticed in GardenWorld that there is a payment term called 2%10 Net 30, which means "2% discount if paid in 10 days, net due in 30 days".  But there is no defined schedule with it.  I am wondering if there is a way to define the payment schedule accordingly, so that it could remind the accountant to make payment to the vendor when it is due? 

I tried to create a schedule line under the tab "schedule", and set up the percentage as 100%, and net days as 30.  But when I validated it, the error I got was "Schedule: count# = 1".  Sounds like I need to add another line in the schedule.  So I added another line, percentage 0%, net days 0, and validated successfully.  But what does that mean?  Will the system create an empty payment right after an invoice is completed?

What is the purpose of payment schedule?  Will it show up in the user's calendar to make payment on some particular day, or it simply automatically create payment when they are due?

Thank you very much!

Q

• Robin Hoo SP
      Robin Hoo SP
      2005-11-06

You are refering to Vendor Invoice Aging Report to remind Finance Dept to make payment.
      Use Aging Report in Compiere. Just make sure you de-select Sales Transection before you run the report. Also select List Invoice.

Robin

• Q Wang
      Q Wang
      2005-11-12

Thanks Robin.  I have looked at the report that you mentioned, and fond that the due date in the report is really today's date.  Is there a way to show the real due date of each invoice for payment?