Payments to non creditors

steggur
2008-08-30
2013-05-02
  • steggur
    steggur
    2008-08-30

We are using Compiere 2.6.1.
    With payments like property tax and other non creditor payments that go through the bank account.
    Do we use GL Journal or Charge in Compiere to post?
    Can anyone help the required steps to accomplish this in Compiere?

• ADAXA
      ADAXA
      2008-08-31

• steggur
      steggur
      2008-08-31

Thank you for this helpful howto.
      Working with the bank statement in Compiere I can see that simple charges can be entered there directly.
      Are there benefits going through a BP creating an invoice throug Invoice (Vendor) rather than the bank statement?

On another issue, would earned interest or other revenue that is not invoiced be recorded through GL Journal or is there a better way?

Thanks for your help!

• ADAXA
      ADAXA
      2008-08-31

"Working with the bank statement in Compiere I can see that simple charges can be entered there directly. Are there benefits going through a BP creating an invoice throug Invoice (Vendor) rather than the bank statement? "

<<< create a BP - maybe called Bank, enter the Payment and select the correct Charge in the Payment window.  Create an invoice if there is a tax involved Sales Tax, GST, VAT etc so you can track in the Invoice Tax report.

"On another issue, would earned interest or other revenue that is not invoiced be recorded through GL Journal or is there a better way? "
      <<< use a Payment and allocate to a Charge.

If you put ALL payments through the Payment window you can find them easily.  If you put some in by a Payment, some by adding a Charge line in a statement, some in Cash book life becomes more complex.  If a transaction is going to result in a debit or credit on your bank statement (from the bank) then take up a Payment, never by a journal.

• steggur
      steggur
      2008-09-04

Thanks a lot for very helpful suggestions, very much appreciated.

I have two BP that show unallocated amounts. Everything was reconciled through the bank statement and the bank account shows the correct amount. I must have made some mistake. So I am wondering if there are any howto or best practices in Compiere to reconcile and correct the books?

Thanks for your help