Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

POS order: Status = In progress

Q Wang
2007-05-21
2013-05-02
  • Q Wang
    Q Wang
    2007-05-21

Has anybody come across the problem of not able to complete a POS order, and the status is always "In Progress"?  My order has 2000 order lines, and looks like there is no way to complete it.  I have done the sequence check and cache reset, aborted the previously running process (which had been running for 2 days), and still not able to complete it.  Therefore, the shipment and invoice were not able to be generate as well.  I guess it might be caused by the size of the order...but if this is the case, what size is reasonable? Q

• Enrique Ruibal
      Enrique Ruibal
      2007-05-21

MMM...the situation is a bit awkard..let me understand this right: POS orders are used for over the counter transactions, this meaning basically the customer is in front of you, he(she) takes the goods and you get paid usually cash, cc, etc.

So in this particular case, I assume your customer got in your warehouse, you delivered 2000+ items, then he paid and left?

Please let me know if this is (was) the case...

• Q Wang
      Q Wang
      2007-05-24

We are actually using POS to automatically generate invoice and shipment as these two docs are automatic in our business process.  Looks like the system does not allow too many lines to be in one order...

• Stephan Keller
      Stephan Keller
      2007-05-24

Hello Qwang,

Just curious, have you tried with a smaller number of lines, just to see if it goes through?

Any error message when you try to complete it?

Do you have an approval process set on this document?

Did you look at the workflow activity?

Stephan,
      Sodexis.

• Q Wang
      Q Wang
      2007-06-15

Hi Stephan,
      Thanks for the message.  I tried smaller lines and it worked. Now this so many lines in the order, what I did is that I reset the cache and did the sequence check, abort the work flow and re-complete it.  This time it worked.  Thanks...Q

• Stephan Keller
        Stephan Keller
        2007-06-15

Q,

Sounds good.

Stephan,
        Sodexis.