Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Shipment and Invoice generation

Anna
2004-11-01
2013-05-02
  • Anna
    Anna
    2004-11-01

Hi,

How does the shipment and invoice automatic generation work?

If I choose a Sales Order of type Standard Order, am I supposed to be able to create the shipment and customer invoice when I click on the post Order button?

I would like to know the differences of the Document Type regarding the shipment and invoice generation. Is there a documentation on this? Thanks for your help.

• wkfong
      wkfong
      2004-11-01

You can create shipment and invoice even without posting it in the sales order window. Just by completing it is good enough.

Regarding the documentation, you will have to be a partner to download it. Another way is to purchase it from the compiere website.

• Anna
        Anna
        2004-11-01

What does the post Order button actually do? I tried using the post button for a Sales Order of SO type, and the system created the supplier invoice. Does it suppose to create customer invoice instead of supplier invoice? Would you explain this to me? Thanks.

• wkfong
          wkfong
          2004-11-01

The post button simply creates accounting entries inside fact details.

You can create a customer invoice automatically from a purchase order by generate invoices (manual) window.