Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Question about Invoice posting process

Lim
2007-11-13
2013-05-02
  • Lim
    Lim
    2007-11-13

Hi everyone, i'm a novice in compiere.

i've a question here for posting process.
    when i press 'complete' button in invoice window, 'not posted' button become visible
    nah... i know that 'not posted' button processing a doctype java file
    entitled doc_invoice located in serverRoot\src\main\server\org\compiere\acct\org\compiere\acct
    but, i can't find how compiere assigned 'not posted' button to do that job...
    can anyone help me...

• contract16
      contract16
      2007-11-15

I'm not sure if I understand the question correctly, do you want to know how Compiere does the posting in a normal environment, or how the coding works?

Normally all documents are posted using the Accounting Processor. This is part of the JBOSS server. Start the JBOSS server using the RUN_Server2.bat (or .sh). The first time it starts it should post all documents (i.e. orders, receipts, invoices, etc) not yet posted, so may take a little time to run. From then on it should run at a pre-determined frequency.

Other alternatives once JBOSS is running is either select the Not Posted button and follow the steps to post the document, or run the Re-submit Postings process.