Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

I wanna add this new field on vendor invoice.

lavino
2008-12-30
2013-05-02
  • lavino
    lavino
    2008-12-30

I create a new special comment text field on business partner and I want to add this field to the vendor invoice.   It is now showing on business partner page and I can save the comment.  

I then go to print format and I select Format Item...  Add a name and go to Column select list... then I am stuck.

I realize that I need to add to the Column select list to allow this new field to be selectable.

So I go to Table and Column.  Located the Invoice_header% and add the System Element (SComment) and set Entity Type to Dictionary.  

I saw the FormatItem->Column select list now has SComment_SComment and selected it save it.

When I print view Vendor invoice now I got a total while blank page.  If I set the new Format Item to 'inactive' I get the Vendor Invoice print out fine.  If I enable it it gives blank page again.

What am I doing wrong?  all I want is the Special Comment field on the Business Partner to show up on the Vendor Invoice...

• GodLike
      GodLike
      2008-12-30

I know how to achieve your requirement.

But it would be better that I use a vncviewer connecting to your host, and show you how to do  it.

• lavino
        lavino
        2008-12-30

thanks so much mmmy but I really don't know how to set that up.  Anyway to lay out the adding a field to the Column select list part in a step by step form?  Are there lot s of steps to that?  I think if I can set up up to that part correctly then I can handle the rest.  But thanks so much in advance ;)

• GodLike
      GodLike
      2008-12-30

Suppose you wanna use "Invoice_Header  ** 1000000 ** &Copy Record 49370" defined in the print format.

To add some field in the print format, first of all, we need to add the field in the associated table which is "C_Invoice_Header_v".

Login to Compiere as the System Administrator, and open the Table and Column window and find the C_Invoice_Header_v.

Next follow the next steps:
      (1) In the Column tab, create a new column for your field, if necessary, you should zoom to the System Element window, and create the system element in advance.
            The DB Column Name shouldn't have any space in it based on my experience.
      (2) Then Click the "View Component" tab, and you can find the Sql, in which C_BPartner is named as bp.
      (3) Click the "View Component" tab, create a new column with the name exactly as the one you created in the "Column" tab.
            in the "Column SQL" field, suppose the column you created in C_BPartner is named as "xxx", then fill the field with bp.xxx
      (4) Go back to the "Table" tab, and click the button "Create this view in DB"
      (5) After all, you could add the field in the C_Invoice_Header_v print format.

If anything goes wrong, the printed paper would be blank.

• lavino
      lavino
      2008-12-31

thanks so much!  I still got a blank printed invoice doing so I must be doing something wrong.
      One small question first... when I create the entry in Column Tab in C_Invoice_Header_v what do I set reference as?  It requires me to save something.  Do I just use the same data type I created for the field in C_BPartner?

• lavino
      lavino
      2008-12-31

At last!  It works like a charm!!!  mmmy you're my hero!!!  Thank you thank you thank you!

• GodLike
      GodLike
      2009-01-02

Can I have your contact information, so that we could talk more easily.