Alec Y.L. Lee
I am new to Compiere and just downloaded the professional edition for evaluation. I installed the system with the predefined database and tenant GardenWorld. Then I tried to play around with the Requisition workflow. Here is what i've done based on Swing UI:
1. login as GardenUser and added a Requisition. Meaning of some of the fields is unknown to me so I just put in something at random. In the Requisition's header I used: (i) Employee =GardenUser (ii) Document Type=Purchase Requisition (iii) Tenant=GardenWorld (iv) Organization=HQ (v)Warehouse=HQ Warehouse.
2. I then added 1 Requisition Line to the above header: (i) Line No=10 (ii) Product=Plum Tree (iii) Quantity=13 (iv) Line Amount(auto calculated by system)=617.5 (i assume this amount would cause the system to require approval)
3. I then login as GardenAdmin, and the Workflow Activities Tab after the login showed 1 activity to be approved (which was the Requisition I just made in the 2 steps above). I then proceeded to approve it by selecting Yes and clicking the Tick button. The system then continued its processing.
And the problem I encountered:
1. While login as GardenAdmin, I reviewed the approved Requisition record but found that the Document Status unexpectedly became "Not Approved" although I just approved it.
2. I then clicked the Active Workflow button to check out why and found these:
(i) In Process tab, Workflow=Process_Requisition, Workflow State=Aborted
(ii) In Activity tab, Text Message contains these "IsApproved=Y, - Cannot Approve - No Approver"
So now I assume the cause of "Not Approved" is the "Cannot Approve - No Approver". So what is the meaning of this message? I've changed the steps by, say, using GardenAdmin to enter the record and using GardenAdmin to self-approve the record but exactly the same error appeared. Anyone know what caused this problem?
I am not quite familiar with the requisition workflow and security role concepts. Would that be something I missed in these 2 areas?