compiere 3.1 setup fails accoutingUS.csv load

• jg_dba

We installed compiere 3.1 on linux with oracle xe.

During initial tenent setup the load accountingUS.csv failes with a message about unique default account. The file has unique accounts and none are repeated.

Any ideas?

• Bob Simoni
      Bob Simoni

Are you sure you used the file from the correct version of Compiere and did not modify it? It should have 72 unique default accounts in Column H (2 new default accounts were added in 3.1).  I have a version that works for me I can send you if you are still having problems.

• jg_dba

The .csv file was in one of the directories when we installed 3.1.0 so I am assuming they match.

The file has 371 rows which is a lot more than 72

can you please email your file to

also do you have 3.1 docs. the docs we have are 3.2

Thank you

• jg_dba

Thank you for the quick response.

The file you sent matches the one we are using.

The documentation on wiki was also for 3.2; do you know where we can find 3.1?

Also are you running compiere on windows?

We are running on linux; Do you think running on linux could be the problem?

• aladin

Hi jg_dba

One of my colleagues had a similar problem loading the accounting csv files. They would load OK on windows but not on Linux.

He found the problem was that we were opening the file with either OpenOffice or a text editor,  and the applications were adding double quotes to the file when closing and saving the file. Next time we opened the file was opened by OpenOffice the double quotes would be removed.

If you are very careful about opening the csv file and saving it with no extra charachters on Linux then it should work ok. We have got it working so it is possible!!