multi-vendor relates to auto PO generation...

lavino
2008-12-23
2013-05-02
  • lavino
    lavino
    2008-12-23

Say.. if a product is being offered by more than one vendor.  When generating a PO using the "Generate PO from sales order" function how does it know which Vendor it is pulling?
    Is it ALWAYS the 'current vendor'?  I guess there is not way to specify for a sales order which particular vendor to use for generate the PO unless I do some manual setup later?
    For example I want everyone using Vendor A for this Product X except for this latest SO I want it to use Vendor B for Product X for them but only for this SO...

• GodLike
      GodLike
      2008-12-23

I suppose you could choose the vendor in the "Generate PO frmo sales order" window.

By the way which version do you use atm, 3.1?

• lavino
        lavino
        2008-12-23

Yes, I am using 3.1 now.   Here is a weird thing.. somehow there is a requirement by management to make the Generate PO process as automated as possible so I assume we'll have to put it in a scheduler.

So what you mean is that if I specify a certain Vendor when calling the "Generate PO from Sales order" I can specify which one of the multiple vendor I am using?

• GodLike
      GodLike
      2008-12-23

1. The "Generate PO from Sales Order" process has 5 parameters, which are

Date Ordered
      Business Partner (client)
      Vendor
      Order
      Drop Shipment

If you do it manually, you could choose the vendor in that window.

2. If the process is defined in the scheduler, you could also specify the default value for each parameter.
      So that most Purchase Orders generated by the process will be assgined to the vendor defined in the default value, but for the rare ones you have to manually use the "Generate PO from Sales Order" process.

• lavino
      lavino
      2008-12-23

Thanks so much,

I think the challenge here is that they wanna see if 'which case they produce the greatest benefit to order from which vendor'  My understanding is that they wanna take advantage of shipping/location.  So if the Vendor is closer to the client they might choose that one.   Or if the vendor happen to lower their price for a certain product at a limited time or something.