Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Very SLOW

2008-12-19
2013-05-02
  • ismet sener
    ismet sener
    2008-12-19

Hi,

When I try to open one of the next sessions:
    Business Partner (for example to add a new customer of supplier)
    Business Partner Info
    Product (to add a new product)

Then the system is VERY slow,it will not open the session.
    First I have to close the Compiere and then login again. If I am lucky then I can open the session. If not,  have to close Compeire and login again.

It looks like as if the system get locked.
    What is the problem?
    Something to do with my database?

I work with the Oracle XE version

Regards,
    Ismet

• lavino
      lavino
      2008-12-20

mind posting your hardware's spec?     If you starte jBoss make sure it finish all the init on the shell before opening Compiere.

• Zak
        Zak
        2009-03-26

Hi,

I have the same probleme as ismet. my hardware configuration si :

Processeur Intel Xeon Quad Core E5310 (évolutif Bi-PRO)                                                                                                                                   
        1GO of RAM.

i noticed that when i run several compiere client from the same machine it work fine.
        the probleme accure only when i try to connect to compiere from several differents machine.

thanks for your help

Best regards

• crimzone
          crimzone
          2009-03-26

Dear Zak (zakomp),

Do you also hear strange sounds?

• crimzone
            crimzone
            2009-03-26

Maybe a fan, the HDD...

Generally Compiere is silent.

• ismet sener
      ismet sener
      2008-12-20

mind posting your hardware's spec?

what for example
      I have new laptop      3gb memory
      HP pavillion dv6000

I have to startjust:
      C:\Compiere2\utils
      RUN_Server2.bat

or something else

Please help me

Thanks Lavino

• lavino
      lavino
      2008-12-23

"what for example
      I have new laptop 3gb memory
      HP pavillion dv6000

I have to startjust:
      C:\Compiere2\utils
      RUN_Server2.bat

or something else

Please help me  "

Just how slow is it?   I was using an old 1.6 AMD mobile (single core) with 512Mb of ram running Oracle XE.  It is kinda slow but it is runnable.  Of course don't running on a laptop is lightening fast.  I am sure  our machine is well more powerful than mine.    How do you sure it is slow due to Oracle / jBoss?   It is much faster without running jBoss?   Oracle XE is constantly running as a back process btw in normal setup so if it is oracle slowing you down you might wanna turn off jBoss then go into 'Service' and turn the Oracles processing to manual start and see if it speed anything up.  If you can run just Oracle XE with the console tools and only slow down after you start jBoss it might really be jBoss itself.

• ismet sener
        ismet sener
        2008-12-24

Dear Lavino,

When I am talking about slow, this means is is SLOW when I use COMPIERE, so when I use word, excel, or other programs, I have no problem, my PC is very FAST.

SPECIALLY:
        When I use some sessions like Business Partners, Business Partner Info, Products etc
        For example: when I click on session Business Partners, it will in most cases NOT open immediately, and mostly I have to close Compiere and open again.
        The same happens with session Business Partner Info

BUT:
        When I use for example session Material Receipts, I have in most cases NO POBLEM, when I click on Material Receipts, it opens immediately.

This is very strange, I think it has to do with the DATABASE (Oracle, I have to chnage some parameters, or something like that.
        Maybe I have to chnage a parameter in Compiere

I DO NOT KNOW, Hopely soem one can help me

• ismet sener
      ismet sener
      2008-12-24

I forget to say:

SPECIALLY:
      When I use some sessions like Business Partners, Business Partner Info, Products etc 
      For example: when I click on session Business Partners, it will in most cases NOT open immediately, and mostly I have to close Compiere and open again.
      The same happens with session Business Partner Info

Remark:  IT MAKES ALSO A STRANGE   SOUND

• lavino
      lavino
      2008-12-24

one thing for sure is that your Oracle XE is running in the background even when you are not starting jBoss. 

1.  Did you check your db hostname setup?  Are you really connecting to your local Oracle?  You can check your config or you can add a record and then load up the PSQL console and check if the data has updated.

2.  did you setup the Oracle host to be access from outside of the internet and then back?

3.  any diff if you run jBoss and use the web interface VS running Swing?  You don't have to run jBoss to run Swing I believe... I've tried it.

"This is very strange, I think it has to do with the DATABASE (Oracle, I have to chnage some parameters, or something like that. "  you assumption might be right but as I said since Oracle is already running as a process in your windows background.  If it is really slowing you down you would feel it already after you boot.   I can tell you that my laptop is twice as fast if I shut down Orace related process from the Sevice window.   As I said, try to run PSQL and see if it is slowing you down?  You might even be able to compile a java app to connect to Oracle to test it.  If none of that is slowing you down then it is more than just Oracle itself I believe.

• Kathy Pink
      Kathy Pink
      2008-12-24

if the strange sounds is a 'bing' then you are getting errors. Check the debug window

• Zak
      Zak
      2009-03-26

yes every night!!! is says : actually crimzone can't help you !!!

• crimzone
        crimzone
        2009-03-26

My actually rather confident that crimzone can help you.

We are fully trained Compiere ERP(Germany) implementers.

And we have many years of experience, with Compiere, Adempiere and other operational software.

• Johannes Gubo
          Johannes Gubo
          2009-03-26

Gotta say your english is horrible crimzone. And that said, these forums tend to become a
          place for quite a couple somewhat retarded people. Don't wanna point to certain persons.

• Zak
      Zak
      2009-03-31

Dear crimzone,

Sorry it was a very bad joke from me.
      i'm just a little bit nervous with this performance issues. i took me a week and i could not find any solution.

Best regards