sharing same warehouse with multi org?

lavino
2009-02-03
2013-05-02
  • lavino
    lavino
    2009-02-03

Is it possible?   I mean having the same warehouse shared with multiple org at the same time.  Or warehouse is a must 1 on 1 with organization?

• ADAXA
      ADAXA
      2009-02-04

Try using something like Activity for your department/cost center instead of Org.

• albert
      albert
      2009-02-04

Cause, Warehouse's inventory asset must belong to a Org for Finacial report,

this means Org is a business unit,

if you need a Org is CostCenter/Department

Org Need resture for 3 type,

1.Company Level/ Leagal Compnay  >>> has Warehouse

2.Business Unit, BU can belong another BU or Compnay >>> has Warehouse

3.CostCenter/Department, Dept can belong another Dept or BU >>> Use BU/Compnay's Warehouse

• lavino
        lavino
        2009-02-04

perhaps I need to be more specific

The current setup I am looking at has about 4 org where each org is a store front with sales person involved.   Each org then has their own warehouse and locators.   But there is a requirement that the sales be able to view other stores' warehouse make an order (which means they will share the store between stores and probably do inventory move later... which also mean the warehouse would allow temporary negative stock until the inventory move occured).

Given that sales are login with role limited to their own org they aren't able to see the warehouses outside of their own org.    Is there any way to enable that?  If not then we are thinking of re-structure the org to have just 1 org, multiple warehouses.

I tried merge organization but I just got a bunch of errors.

We cannot re-do the install and re-do the entire setup since the client is already using the system and they will not accept the fact that we need to re-do it from scratch

Anyone experienced anything like this?  Plz help

• Kathy Pink
      Kathy Pink
      2009-02-04

if you have defined role security that they cannot see other orgs then it does not make sense that they can access the warehouse of other organizatios