I struggled with creating an Alert but now that I have it working, I would like to give a couple of pointers for anyone else who is trying it.
Emailing must be working. Navigate to General Rules>>Client Rules>>Client to review, setup and test.
1. Log in as an admin (or role with appropriate access)
2. Navigate to Performance Analysis >> Performance Measurement >> Alert
3. Create a new record, name it Orders (or anything you prefer)
4. Select an existing alert processor or create a new one. This alert processor is the component that will send emails the actual emails.
5. Enter subject and alert message
6. Mark as Valid
==Alert Rule Tab
1. Create a new record, name it Orders Alert (or anything you prefer)
2. In the sqlSelect field enter
"C_ORDER_ID", "DOCUMENTNO", "DOCSTATUS", "TOTALLINES", "GRANDTOTAL"
3. In the sqlFrom field enter
4. In the sqlWhere field enter
ISACTIVE='Y' and ISSOTRX='Y'
5. Mark as Valid
==Alert Recipient Tab
1. New record
2. Select a User/Contact
Start the Application Server if not yet started.
Open compiereMonitor in a browser http://<your server>/compiereMonitor
Navigate to the Alert processor that you assigned to your Alert.
Click on run now
Navigate back to the Alert processor in the monitor and check the log.
If the alert failed, you would have to navigate back to the Alert window in compiere. Once the necessary corrections have been made, you have to mark the alert and alert rule as Valid again.
Remember to restart the Application Server before you attempt to rerun the processor.
Another example for alert rule;
Send alert listing completed order that are due for delivery within the next 7 days;
ISACTIVE='Y' and ISSOTRX='Y' and DOCSTATUS='CO' and ISDELIVERED='N' and DATEPROMISED between sysdate and (sysdate +7)
Can u explain that how alert will be invoke i have followed the steps u showed but not able to know whether i got alert or not
I have done the email setup
I do get adempiere mail configuration setup message but nothing like alert!!
I have confusion of alert and notice
what value will come for datenextrun ?? currently I set 2010-12-13 3:19