Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Something I noticed for new tenant COA

lavino
2009-09-25
2013-05-02
  • lavino
    lavino
    2009-09-25

When I use the supplied accountingUS.csv in the data dir to create a new tenant (setting default org to HQ like gardenworld).   The accounting combinations created are all staring with *-12345-_-_-_-_-_  (given 12345 is a valid combination in the csv file).  Where as if I check the GardenWorld setup it has HQ-12345-_-_-_-_-_.  This makes a HUGE difference for the rest of things to come.  If I go to GardenWorld and open up Accounting Schema and go to the Defaults tab.  Click on any combination to try to search for one you will instantly see the same combination available in the search result (the data grid at the bottom once you click on the Default's account combination (eg Tax Due).   For the tenant I created.  It will display *-12345-_-_-_-_-_ in the textbox but if I click on the magnifying glass icon to try to search for a new combination I found that the current *-12345-_-_-_-_-_ doesn't even exist in the search result (I think mainly because the only valid organization is 'HQ-HQ' in the search and since my *-12345-_-_-_-_-_ doesn't have an org assigned (or it is * but cannot be used as a search filter). 

If I go to view Account Combination then yeah I can see all the combination starting with *-#####-_-_-_-_-_

So is this a problem?   How can I verify it?  Another thing I notice is that .. the account summary ones like  1, 11 didnt' get created first time.  I had to run the import account again to get them to show up in the Account Element.

I am not sure how many people encountered this or even notice that… but no matter how I try it always default my account combination as *-#####-_-_-_-_-_ instead of doing HQ-#####-_-_-_-_-_  unless I do them all one by one manually… there are 80+ .. doing manually will be a nightmare.

Thanks in advance.  I really hope someone can provide me with some answer on this.

• Kathy Pink
    Kathy Pink
    2009-09-29

it is not an issue as the org id is always derived from the document when posted and the document always has an org.
    If you look at the user doc it should indicate that when you import as part of setup it imports just the default accounts.  When you import again you get the non default a ccounts (including the summary).  All this should be in the user doc (at least itused to be)

• lavino
    lavino
    2009-09-30

Thanks Kathy.   I remember I read somewhere in a doc that I have to do that but I never really understood why.   I just don't understand why the account summary entries aren't created in the first run though?   Asset, Cash etc are like they should exist  in the first place anyway.  Is that because it gives the flexibilities to customize your own COA number for the account summaries?  I swear I paid attention in class but it's been a year…