Container #

W P
2009-06-09
2013-05-02
  • W P
    W P
    2009-06-09

This may be a simple question. Or not.

Everything my company buys comes by boat in a shipping container.  A container can contain multiple items.  One shipping container # that's attached to multiple items.I need a number based field that's going to appear on as many interfaces as possible.

What existing field could best be used for this purpose?

• ADAXA
      ADAXA
      2009-06-09

Activity .. just enable as part of account schema.

• W P
      W P
      2009-06-09

Sorry if I'm a little dense here, but if have 'Activity' enabled, I'll be able to create a new product and it will give me an 'Activity #' that will be able to be used for multiple products?  Will this 'Activity #' appear in other interfaces? (invoice entry, payment processing, etc.)

• ADAXA
        ADAXA
        2009-06-09

"Will this 'Activity #' appear in other interfaces? (invoice entry, payment processing, etc.) "
        ..yes, it will appear on 'all' these documents. Note that on some documents (invoice lines etc?) you may have to tell the system to display the field in the line as it may only be displayed by deault in the header.
        Look in Gardenworld for "Campaign", I think its part of the standard GW accounting schema.  You could use Campaign or Activity as the extra account element to record container.

• W P
          W P
          2009-06-10

Okay, last question, I promise.

How do I access 'Account Schema?' I've been hunting around the application for quite some time now and can't seem to find the entry.

• Bob Simoni
            Bob Simoni
            2009-06-10

The window is called  'Accounting Schema'.  If you still can't find it, make sure your role has access to it (usually an Admin user).

• W P
              W P
              2009-06-10

Are you certain that 'Activity' or 'Campaign' is in Account Schema?  I was able to find Account Schema, but none of the entries (or pulldowns) seem to list either:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v638/scott123/accountschema.jpg

• ADAXA
                ADAXA
                2009-06-11

Hi
                I had not realized I was responding to a Compiere question! (subscribed to both Compiere and Adempiere forums).  The Adempiere equivalent of your screenshot is shown at..
                https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=2804498&group_id=29057&atid=410216
                I have not used the Compiere web interface so I cant guide you but I assume it is much the same. If you have a problem finding the correct tabs in the webui then log in with the Java Swing client and it should look much the same as the screenshot I carelessly dumped in the Compiere forum.. apologies for that.
                regards..

• W P
                  W P
                  2009-06-16

I need a little more direction here.

In GardenWorld, both Activity and Campaign are active (as well as Project). Just in case it wasn't set up correctly, I went ahead and created a new tenant and activated Activity and Campaign. 

I'm able to create new activities at will, but I can't seem to figure out how to link an activity to a product.  Also, after watching the customization video a few times, I'm having trouble adding an activity field to the product form.  Ideally, I'd like to be able to open the product form, have a blank activity field, plug in a new # and a new activity would be created, but if I have to create an activity tab, that's okay as well.

I just need to figure out how to associate items with activities and get the activity field on a form.

• W P
              W P
              2009-06-10

Okay, I was able to find the the Account Schema Element area. Campaign was already present, but Activity wasn't, so I went in and added/activated it (and restarted the server).

Now... the container # is associated with the product(s). When I enter a new product- that's where I want to assign the activity number. Is there a way to modify the product entry screen to include an activity # field?

• W P
      W P
      2009-06-10

Thanks, that's a huge help.