Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

simple question but need some advise pls

Neo Tan
2009-05-25
2013-05-02
  • Neo Tan
    Neo Tan
    2009-05-25

I wanna add a label on a form.  Basically just a label with text (hopefully in red) to remind the user to do something on the screen.   I can add a text field, dropdown list and etc but what about just a text label?  I must be missing something somewhere or there is a keyword there I probably misunderstand.
    Any hint would be great! Thanks so much.

• Neo Tan
      Neo Tan
      2009-05-25

ah nvm, found it. It is the "Heading Only": checkbox ...

• Bob Simoni
        Bob Simoni
        2009-05-27

The Heading Only option is supposed to display only the Label for a Field and not the Field itself, so you would have to create a Column and Column Heading to use this.  Furthermore, in the current release if you select this checkbox it doesn't display the field or the label.   Another option is to create a Field Group which is a Heading for a group of related fields, so you could give your Field Group Name the message that you want to display.

• albert
      albert
      2009-05-31

remind the user to do something on the screen.??

System Developer/Designer always want to show something to warrning user to do something before enter....

The  remind is usefull or Validation is usefull ??

But we can add a field Like Description with default context (a remind text)

• albert
      albert
      2009-05-31

Validation ... like open first tab and checked the box tell system you already read the warrning...

then you can Open another tab to entry data....