Image re-size does not work properly

Help
Knap
2007-06-17
2013-04-02
  • Knap
    Knap
    2007-06-17

When uploading a image in 800x600 format or smaller it will resize it perfectly. But when i upload a image larger (3MP or 5MP) it won't resize? can somebody help me? It isn't my server, but imagegalleries work just fine with GD libary. And my phpinfo shows the following:

GD Support - enabled 
    GD Version - bundled (2.0.28 compatible) 
    FreeType Support - enabled 
    FreeType Linkage - with freetype 
    T1Lib Support - enabled 
    GIF Read Support - enabled 
    GIF Create Support - enabled 
    JPG Support - enabled 
    PNG Support - enabled 
    WBMP Support - enabled 
    XBM Support - enabled 

• Hi,

Are these JPEG files ? Can you please email me an example to mwallis@serialmonkey.com (Subject: COMOBLOG Image Resize Example).

Thanks,
      Mark.

• gummarith
      gummarith
      2007-06-18

got the same problem and it's driving me crazy 'cos must re-edit all the photos sent to the mobileblog by people with super-atomic cell phones...
      photos are jpg's.....

• gummarith
      gummarith
      2007-06-18

I uploaded via email (outlook) a few photos, one of dem showed oversized......i try to send it (the same picture)once again and now it shows resized....i thought was a question of weight or dimensions... but sometimes got the problem with photos lighter than others..i also noticed there's no difference on pc email or phone sending. on my worthless opinion seems that something sometimes fail to process...could it be? while i'm writing this post made another try: same picture with no body text got oversized.........I refreshed the screen (f5)and got it resized on its own....what the hell it means? should we stop spend the nites on bars?? 

• Knap
      Knap
      2007-06-18

Lol, i think so.
      But the tests you did i also did. All came out oversized. I really don't get it. Maybe something fails because the server isn't fast enough or something? I'll keep trying and testing till i found out what it can be. Maybe someone has an answer sooner than me. Who knows

• Knap
      Knap
      2007-06-18

I figured till 1600x1200 is working, bigger than that it isn't: 2048x1536 px is oversized and not created as an thumnail. Maybe GD can't handle that sizes of pictures? If that is so, it sucks, cauz i have a Nokia n95 with a 5mp camera on it :(

• Just to let you guys know that I can looking at this, but getting nowhere fast. We are using standard PHP libraries todo the resizing and all my debug is coming up clean. I'll keep looking at it through the week.

Would be great if someone could raise a Bug in SourceForge for me. Easier to track that way.

M.

• Sorry for taking so long to investigate this, it was a tricky one ! I've tracked the issue down to when you submit a message that has a graphic inline using MIME rather than as a separate attachment. The URL to the patch is below. You need to go to your server, transfer the attached file to the comoblog/batch folder and apply this patch using the command

patch -p0 < comoblog_batch_thumb_inline.patch

Let me know how you go.

http://test.serialmonkey.com/comoblog_batch_thumb_inline.patch

M.

• Hawk
          Hawk
          2007-07-30

I'm having problems with images being too large as well... My photos sent directly from my Dash are much too large,a and actually overlap & cover the "search" bar on the sidebar (In FireFox).. and in IE, it throws the phiotos WAAAY down with lots of blank space.. but it does offer up scrollbars in IE that are not in FireFox's display.

I've tried applying teh patch listed above - but maybe I'm a duncce... I'm loging in with my Sercure NetTerm application, navigating to the directory with the batch files in it ( as you specified: omoblog/batch ) - and try running the file as you specified.. but the server doesn't know what the "patch" command is... as specified "patch -p0 < comoblog_batch_thumb_inline.patch"

If it helps, here's a temp couple of posts.  The first one, I cropped, and resized down.. then re-uploaded it.. then the 2nd post is the raw photo from my Dash.

http://www.treasureboards.com/comoblog-1.1/index.php?/20070730

Thanks,
          Rex S.

• Perhaps your system doesn't have patch, it's a unix command that might not be on your host.

What version of CoMoblog are you running ? I might be able to provide you just a replacement comoblog_batch.php file to test with.

M.

• Hawk
              Hawk
              2007-07-31

Wow.. my spelling was terrible on that post!  Anyway - I'm running ver 1.1  I'd be happy to test!

Thanks so much,
              Rex S.

• gummarith
      gummarith
      2007-09-03

i beg your pardon but how and where can i apply the command patch -p0 < comoblog_batch_thumb_inline.patch ?

• Are you running your CoMoblog on a Unix style host, and if so, do you have SSH access on your account ?

M.

• gummarith
      gummarith
      2007-09-05

from upstairs they have said: "sorry, our hosting plans don't let SSH access......" and now? 

• OK then. I assume that you are on a Windows workstation and don't have access to the 'patch' command at all ? If so, I'll have to patch it for you and give you a copy of the whole file to replace. I can only really do that if you running the latest version of Comoblog though.

M.

• gummarith
      gummarith
      2007-09-05

you unveiled the truth.........i don't use comoblog (in more than one year i hadn't been able to make the bloody crontab-mod work!i made some tries these latest days also with no result!) i still use easymoblog! forgive me.....but the crontab-mod works so fine!!when you install it everything goes well at the first try.......anyhow, what are we gonna do? may you help me anyway? 

• Afraid I can't really help with easymoblog. The codebase is too old, I wouldn't know where to begin.

That patch you wanted to apply is only for CoMoblog anyway, it would most likely break your Easymoblog installation if you try to apply it.

Best I can do is try to help with your crontab issues.

M.

• gummarith
      gummarith
      2007-09-05

ok..thanks anyway...let's solve one problem at once. now i'm gonna post my crontab problem.....then if i solve that we start looking for resize solution..ok?

• ok

• gummarith
      gummarith
      2007-09-17

here i am.....cron_tab solved let's solve image_resize:

as i wrote before i don't have SSH access... and the patch command too..
      you talked 'bout a patch....and a file to replace....

• I can patch the file for you if you like since I now have your FTP details. Problem is, I'm out of town until Friday and don't have easy access.

Email me on Friday and I'll go in and patch that file for you myself if you like.

M.

• gummarith
      gummarith
      2007-09-19

ok....remember to turn the lights off when you get out....(put the key under the carpet)...

• gummarith
      gummarith
      2007-10-01

the assistance this people are givin is the most quickest and useful i've ever seen....thank you..