How to add EXIF support

JMG
2006-07-01
2013-04-02
  • JMG
    JMG
    2006-07-01

Hi!

I was missing EXIF support in Comoblog (more specific the ability to view which date the picture was taken) and because of that i added it to my own installation of Comoblog. Maybe you should do something similar in the official build. I use a free PHP class (http://www.phpclasses.org/browse/package/1042.html) that does most of the work. I only had to add some line of code to post_add.php and comoblog_batch.php. First of all you have to include exifReader.inc then you have to add this in both post_add.php and comoblog_batch.php:

======
    if ($post['images_extension'][$i] == 'jpg') {
       if (!isset($er)) {
          $er = new phpExifReader($post['images_tmp'][$i]);
       } else {
          $er->assign($post['images_tmp'][$i]);
       }
       $er->processFile();
       unset($exifdata);
       $exifdata = $er->getImageInfo();
       $imagedate = $exifdata['DateTime'];
       if (preg_match("/([0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9]):([0-9][0-9]):([0-9][0-9]) ([0-9][0-9]):([0-9][0-9]):([0-9][0-9])/", $imagedate) && strlen($imagedate) <= 20 ) {
            $imagedate[4] = "-";
            $imagedate[7] = "-";
          }
          else {
            $imagedate = "0000-00-00 00:00:00";
          }

} else $imagedate = "0000-00-00 00:00:00";

You have to change it a little to work in post_add.php (change from the $post variable to the $image variable). Then you have to change the mysql query so that the date is saved. In the sql database you have to add a column in the image table. Add a CHAR(20) which will store the date. Some small changes in the template is req to show the date. That’s all.

Bye

• JMG
      JMG
      2006-07-01

In comoblog_batch.php you should add this code just before the mysql query at line 137 (or something). In the post_add.php you should add it before the mysql query at line 108 (roughly).

/JMG

• Thanks for this. I would probably prefer to add this as a Module rather than actual core code. Can't see any problems with handling it like that from first glance.

I've raised a RFE for it to be looked at.

https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1517303&group_id=143354&atid=755240

• JMG
      JMG
      2006-07-05

I've noticed some problems with the assign method so  its better not to use it. The code should therefor look like this:

unset($exifdata);
                  unset($imagedate);
                  unset($er);
                  if ($post['images_extension'][$i] == 'jpg') {
                     $er = new phpExifReader($post['images_tmp'][$i]);
                     $er->processFile();
                     $exifdata = $er->getImageInfo();
                     $imagedate = $exifdata['DateTime'];
                     if (preg_match("/([0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9]):([0-9][0-9]):([0-9][0-9]) ([0-9][0-9]):([0-9][0-9]):([0-9][0-9])/", $imagedate) && strlen($imagedate) <= 20 ) {
                         $imagedate[4] = "-";
                         $imagedate[7] = "-";
                    }
                    else {
                         $imagedate = "0000-00-00 00:00:00";
                    }

} else $imagedate = "0000-00-00 00:00:00";