Help
nullwert
2007-05-20
2013-05-23
  • nullwert
    nullwert
    2007-05-20

Hello,

just a short question since I haven't found any fitting info in the Gnome forums and the Nautilus bug list yet: Nautilus generates previes of .cbr and .cbz comic book files - but for some reason it does skip certain files. On my new Ubuntu Feisty system about at least 50%, probably even more.

Generating other previews does not seem to be a problem at all, up to now all videos and image files were displayed correctly.

Has anyone else come across these problems?

Thanks in advance.

nullwert

PS: I am running the latest Ubuntu Fesity in its amd64 form with all packages updated. The comic archives are on a removable USB drive (vfat). All archives are otherwise recognized correctly and are opened with Comix when double clicked where they display correctly.

• nullwert
      nullwert
      2007-05-22

My problem is a known bug after all. Sorry I did not find it before posting...

You will find it listed here: https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/comix/+bug/74927

It's a problem with the preconfigured thumbnailer which you can set using gconf-editor. For me to get everything to normal I set the command to "evince-thumbnailer -s %s %i %o" for x-cbr and x-cbz MIME types.

Maybe this post will help others, otherwise excuse my abusing this forum!