The Null-modem emulator (com0com) is an open source kernel-mode virtual serial
port driver for Windows, available freely under GPL license. It allows you to
create the virtual serial port pairs to interconnect the COM port based
applications. The com0com can be used for testing COM port based applications
and as a front end for the hardware emulators (t38modem for example) or COM
port redirectors (com2tcp and hub4com for example).
In this release the following changes were done:
* Added ability to put the port to the Ports class.
* Added ability to set selections for setup.exe by setting environment variables.
* Installers setupc.exe and setupg.exe marked as "require administrative access" so Turning off UAC is not required now.
* Added tracing of dialogs while setup.
* Improved silent install and uninstall.
* Added cleaning high data bits for less then 8 bit data. For forcing backward compatibility added AllDataBits option.
* Added ability to uninstall package w/o uninstalling devices and driver.
* Added ability to build installer with com0com.cat file.
* Added ability to build installer suitable for both 32-bit and 64-bit systems.
* Implemented setting friendly names.
* Fixed some bugs and made some improvements.
The com0com can be downloaded from