Menu

Windows 8

Jeroen L
2012-11-23
2014-05-28
  • Jeroen L

Jeroen L - 2012-11-23

Is there Windows 8x64 support ?

(SetupCopyOEMInf(C:\Program Files (x86)\com0com\com0com.inf) ERROR: 0xE000022F)

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2013-03-25

I received same errors initially, and was eventually able to get working by doing the following:

1) Enable test mode per the readme.txt (bcdedit.exe -set TESTSIGNING ON)
    In windows 7 (x64), that was sufficient, but no longer works in windows 8.

2) In windows 8, you also need to A) bypass/disable driver signature verification, and/or B) sign the com0com driver.

2.A) To bypass, you need to go in to the windows 8 startup options menu and disable driver signature verification. It's a convoluted process, but there are instructions across the internet.  Once disabled, com0com installed and worked fine. However, I could not figure out how to disable the verification permanently, so it reverted after every reboot.  The drivers would be installed, but disabled in device manager.

2.B) To sign the com0com.sys driver (in the "Windows/System32/Drivers" directory), I used this tool:
    "Driver Signature Enforcement Overrider 1.3b" at ngohq.com.

Once signed (and still in windows test mode), com0com works as it did in Windows 7 x64.

• Elia

Elia - 2014-05-28

Hi,
    I have try to register the driver with tool unsuccesfully. Can you explain the correct step for do this? When is the moment for register the file? At intallation moment the driver is inside the autoextrattor .exe