Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

EXC_BAD_ACCESS

Help
Ed Welch
2008-10-29
2013-05-01
  • Ed Welch
    Ed Welch
    2008-10-29

I get a EXC_BAD_ACCESS from gbd when I run on a mac leopard build.
    I followed these instructions:
    http://www.collada.org/mediawiki/index.php/DOM_guide:_Setting_up#Mac
    Then, I tried changing -D_GLIBCXX_DEBUG -D_GLIBCXX_DEBUG_PEDANTIC, but still same problem. (by the way xcode did not put those macros into the project settings in my case)

• Steven Thomas
      Steven Thomas
      2008-10-29

> Then, I tried changing -D_GLIBCXX_DEBUG -D_GLIBCXX_DEBUG_PEDANTIC, but still same problem.

So these settings are completely removed from your Xcode project? Just to be sure, you should open up the project in a text editor and search for GLIBCXX_DEBUG. I found that Xcode was putting these flags in the target settings rather than the normal project settings, so I missed them when I first looked.

Also, when exactly are you getting the EXC_BAD_ACCESS error? Step through in the debugger to see. If it's GLIBCXX_DEBUG causing the problem you should get a crash when the DOM accesses an STL object, like a map. If you're getting the error somewhere else it could be a different problem entirely.

Steve

• Ed Welch
        Ed Welch
        2008-10-29

Hi Steve,
        Thanks for the answer.
        I can't get the text editor to open the .xcodeproj file.
        The EXC_BAD_ACCESS error happens crash when I call this line:

DAE dae;
        domCOLLADA* pRoot = dae.open(strFileName);

• Ed Welch
        Ed Welch
        2008-10-30

You are right xcode had those symbols in there, even though they weren't in the setting dialog and getting rid of them fixed it. Thanks for the help