Setting up problems in VS 2005

Help
2009-03-08
2013-05-01
  • Qiu Jianping
    Qiu Jianping
    2009-03-08

Hi
      I download the version 2.2 and do exactily as the tutorial says, but when I debug my project , It said that there is not file "version.hpp". And when I download the "version.hpp" in boost, it's not compatible.
      I do use the old packages,but when debug the project, it cann't find the libcollada14dom21-d.dll. If I add the dll file in the root of my project, I encounter the problem of reading confliction.
      Are there  someone used to meet the same problem? Can you give me the solution ,please?
    Thank you!

• > but when I debug my project , It said that there is not file "version.hpp".

Where and when does Visual Studio say this?

> I do use the old packages,but when debug the project, it cann't find the libcollada14dom21-d.dll.

It is generated here:
      dom\build\vc8-1.4-d
      You have to copy it in a directory where your application can find it (e.g. the working directory), you may do this with a post-build-event.

> If I add the dll file in the root of my project, I encounter the problem of reading confliction.

Can you give us more details about that?

• Qiu Jianping
      Qiu Jianping
      2009-03-10

Thank you for you answer,Christoph Nenning.
      The messages about version 2.2 :
      1>compiling...
      1>test.cpp
      1>d:\program files\collada_dom\collada-dom\dom\external-libs\boost\boost\config\auto_link.hpp(93) : fatal error C1083: cann't open file:“boost/version.hpp”: No such file or directory

As to the third problem, I found the answer. It's about the difference about Debug and release. I set the “Runtime library”  field in the "Code generate" tab for the "C/C++" project configuration settings to be "multithread debug DLL(MDd)".

Thank you !

• boost/version.hpp is not present on my system either. And I can build the DOM and domTest.

Have you changed more project settings?

• Qiu Jianping
        Qiu Jianping
        2009-03-13

Thank you very much,kex347
        I did exactly as the user guide says.  I can build the dom and domtest either,but the dll file  is libcollada15dom21-d.dll, it means that the dom I use is still version 2.1,instead of 2.2.
        Thank you  for you answer. I'm now using the old version, and it seems to  work fine.