Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Winpcap for bridged connection

Help
simonc2
2006-12-28
2013-05-09
  • simonc2
    simonc2
    2006-12-28

After much frustration I have at last got coLinux to communicate with Windows - they can ping each other, but I haven't figured how to do anything else yet.

I now want to get coLinux (Debian version) to communicate with the internet using the "recommended setup" on the help page http://wiki.colinux.org/wiki/Network which suggests two coLinux adapters, one bridged using Winpcap. I have put the following line in the xml file to create the second adapter:

<network index="1" type="bridged" name="Local Area Network"/>

but it doesn't allow any connection with my windows Local Area Network. There is no entry for eth1 in the file /etc/network/interfaces and nothing shows up with ifconfig.

Please could someone explain what I need to do in coLinux to make this second network work. Many thanks.

• simonc2
      simonc2
      2006-12-29

Funny how often just posting a message on a help forum stimulates you to find the solution yourself.

I added lines to the /etc/network/interfaces file to describe eth1 with the IP addresses I needed and ... it worked.