Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Can' from coLinux

Help
Jerry Park
2006-10-30
2013-05-09
  • Jerry Park
    Jerry Park
    2006-10-30

I installed Topogilinux on Win2k and have it working fine in coLinux mode.  I'm connected to the Internet via DSL/DHCP.  I would like to use efax from from coLinux.  When booted in Linux mode, I can query an external fax modem connected via serial port just fine.  In coLinux mode, when I query the modem, and while watching the DOS console with colinux-serial-daemon.exe running, I see the AT commands being echoed in the console, but it doesn't open the COM1 port and send the commands to the modem.  Topologilinux uses colinux 0.6.1, and the author said probably I need to upgrade my version of colinux, but coLinux ver 0.6.4 apparently doesn't include colinux-serial-daemon.exe.

I'm quite familiar with testing /dev/ttyS0, /dev/modem, etc.  

So, I need some help at this point understanding how to get a fax modem to work with coLinux.  I have kppp and efax available for testing on this system, but not wvdial. Any ideas out there?

jparkdo

• Jerry Park
      Jerry Park
      2006-10-30

Sorry, I messed up the subject line.  Maybe admin can fix it - thanks!

jparkdo