Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Cannot access coLinux VM on new system!

Help
ionreflex
2008-01-29
2013-05-09
  • ionreflex
    ionreflex
    2008-01-29

Hi all,

I'm having a strange problem here : I have an up-to-date Debian image running on coLinux with network access, but since I transfered it to a new laptop, impossible to reach it from the host with ssh PuTTY! Funny thing is that I still can reach it from the old laptop, PuTTY just gives me a warning that the cached host key doesn't match...

The problem is definitely between the localhost - up-to-date WindeXP SP2 - and the Debian coLinux :

- a Nmap scan from the localhost shows that port 22 is open on coLinux;
    - network is set with pcap-bridge config, I can see the network, can even apt-get Debian (WinPcap-4.0.2);
    - old laptop had an Intel Pro/100 VM nic, new laptop has a Broadcom NetLink Gigabit nic;

If anybody has any idea on what could cause it/how I could troubleshoot, paleez share the info!

Tankiou.

• Darrek
      Darrek
      2008-01-30

This is a common problem.

A lot of people have success by disabling TCP checksum offloading on their network adapter.

-DK

• ionreflex
      ionreflex
      2008-01-30

Thanks DK,

since I didn't know about the issue I didn't know what to look for, but a quick search on "disabling TCP checksum offloading" and I agree it's quite common! :o)

Seeya