Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Accessing Serial Port with colinux on XP OS

Help
2009-03-11
2013-05-09
  • bharath kumar
    bharath kumar
    2009-03-11

Hi all,
    I am working on ARM9 based Cogent Eval board with co-linux platform using BDI2000 debugger.

Setup of Hardware:
    -------------------------
    PC(serial port with co-linux) --> BDI2000-->ARM9 cogent board

In the BDI2000 manual the fellow have give set of *.c files for the communication with BDI2000, After reading the manual i have build the set of files and then executed ./bdisetup file. I am not able to see the communication with BDI with PC.

Next step(alternate method to execute serial port) , I tried just checking serial port with loopback by using minicom. then also i am not able to see any communication.

Next step(alternate method to execute serial port).
    I tried to execute the MAKEDEV ttyS0 port after that i used minicom with loopback communication after that also I failed to make the serial port up.

Please help me if anyone have knowledge on this type of issues?

For your information
    co-linux details
    1. Debian GNU/Linux 4.0 colinux
    2. Linux colinux 2.6.12-co-0.7.1 --> version.

Thanking you,
    bharath kumar.s

• Henry N.
      Henry N.
      2009-05-28

You needs to configure the serial port with "ttys0=..." with baudrate in your coLinux configuration.
      Please read the installed file "colinux-daemon.txt" for more details about the parameters.

coLinux 0.7.1 with kernel 2.6.12 have some bugs on serial device. Please use a newer version.
      Upgrade to 0.7.3, if you don't wand to make the big jump with PCI enabled kernel.
      0.7.4 have some problems on upgrading. But if you follow the tips for upgrading (edit the file /etc/udev/rules.d/z25_persistent-net.rules), than it should also run with our current image Debian 4.
      ( Notes: https://sourceforge.net/project/shownotes.php?group_id=98788&release_id=216009 )