real hd...?

antony
2006-01-20
2013-05-09
  • antony
    antony
    2006-01-20

is there any chances to write back the colinux image to real harddisk partition..?

how to do that..?

regard
    Senolc

• Yes... Just set-up the HD space (make sure it's not an Windows partition, or a Partition that is in use/managed by Windows) as another block device, then follow the direction on the http://wiki.colinux.org for how to enlarge images (basicaly do an cp -ax from the coLinux image to HD/Partition)

You probably don't want to be in/booted on the image when you do this, you want to boot antoher image and mount the image you want to copy and the HD....

• antony
      antony
      2006-01-21

thanks...
      but how about boot sector, the kernel, and initrd.gz, and modules how to make that..?

regard

SenolC

• JViz
        JViz
        2006-07-20

You might be able to use dd in linux. Try attaching the HD to a seperate comp with the image you want copied and the HD you want to recieve the image copy. Then you could probably do something like `dd if=root.img of=/dev/hdb1` or some such command.

Don't quote me on this, I'm not sure if it will even work. I seriously doubt this would work in Windows with the dd port. Windows likes to monopolize disk access.

• JViz
        JViz
        2006-07-20

Wow, I really gotta watch the age on these. I don't know why this was at the top of the forum list.