Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

How can I make my device work such as Floppy

Mikey
2005-07-28
2013-05-09
  • Mikey
    Mikey
    2005-07-28

Hi,
        I'm new to CoLinux and don't know how to make my device work such as Floppy, Serial Port(name ttyS0) .

When I try to do something to my floppy like using dd command, it can't write to the Floppy really although it shows it operates OK. By the way, when I try to mount the Floppy via the fdmount command,  it shows an error "drive fd0 does not exist" . Why? So I use "mount -f" to force to mount.  Is there anything wrong?

Another issue is when I try to use my serial port to communicate with another PC that use HyperTerminal tool. It seems it cannot work and sometimes even cause the OS crash. 

If someone knows the reason or the solutions, please kindly help.

TKS!

• Inside coLinux you won't have direct floppy access, so stuff like fdmount would probably not work... Just use regular mount, dd should work as usual with it if you don't use fdmount.

CoLinux does not (yet) virtualize serial port, so there is no way to have access to coLinux with something like HyperTerminal.

George

• Mikey
      Mikey
      2005-07-29

Thank George.
           But I still has trouble in accessing the Floppy. Although I can use the "dd" command and I really can see the size of result in file format as well. But it is not stored in Floppy but in the system where CoLinux works.
          Do I have some way to do it? Please comment.

TKS again.