I've noticed that builds created in last several months randomly crashes or hangs my host system.
In earlier versions BSOD with linux.sys failure would appear and on builds since ~1/7/2008 Windows just hangs...
I must notice that there where also some changes to my host system(not sure if changes and crashes appeared simultaneously):
* CPU Pentium M => Core2Duo (IBM T43->T61)
* Windows SP2 => SP3
* No other notable changes performed
In addition crashes appears regardless usage of:
* cobd or scsi
* cobd async or sync
* pcap-bridnge or ndis-bridge
My coLinux starts as service using following command:
"C:\Program Files\coLinux\colinux-daemon.exe" --run-service:D:\My Apps\Batch "coLinux" mem=512 kernel="C:\Program Files\coLinux\vmlinux" exec0="D:\My Apps\pulseaudio\pulseaudio.exe" scsi0=disk,"\\.\PhysicalDrive0" cofs0=c:\ cofs1=d:\ root=/dev/sda2 eth1=ndis-bridge,"Local","00:xx:xx:xx:xx:2B" eth2=ndis-bridge,"VirtualCoLinux","00:xx:xx:xx:xx:00" eth3=tuntap,"VirtualCoLinux","00:xx:xx:xx:xx:60" ttys0=COM5,"BAUD=115200 PARITY=n DATA=8 STOP=1 dtr=on rts=on"
* cofs almost never used
* ttys almost never used, but serial physically hooked to device and probably gets some data on RX once a while.
* VirtualCoLinux is coLinux TAP device used both as Host-Only and NAT gateway (I am using VMWARE network stack for NAT/DHCP).
* partitions (of course) never cross-mounted
* no signs of errors of any kind from linux side(but, maybe, some random networking outages)
* Crashes tends to appear only when is xserver running (via freenx). Lately system hangs on almost every X session init :-(
I am looking into effective way for debugging that issue and possible suggestions about problems my configuration may have.