From: David Sitsky <sits@us...> - 2004-09-13 22:37:16
Codestriker 1.8.3 has been released. As usual you can grab it from
http://codestriker.sf.net. I've appended the CHANGELOG entries for this
release with this email.
The Codestriker Team.
* It is now possible to specify multiple metrics associated with a
comment "thread". In previous versions of Codestriker, there was a
configuration variable called @comment_states which had the default
values of "Submitted", "Invalid", or "Completed". These states
still exist, but under the metric name "Status" by default.
Some other example configurations are illustrated in the config
file. For example "Level", "Mode" and "Type" metrics. These values
are then accumulated in the "Topic Information" tab, along with all
the other topic metrics.
Apart from the add/edit comment screen, the topic comments screen
allows you to modify any metric associated with any comment thread,
via a series of dropdown form elements.
* It is now possible in the create topic screen to only specify a
single tag and a module name in order to create a new topic, rather
than both the start and end tags, with the module name. The effect
of a single tag is to create a topic with the full contents of all
tagged files in the specified module.
* In the "Topic Properties" screen, if the Bug IDs field is being
displayed, and $Codestriker::bugtracker is defined, then after this
field will be a number of hyperlinks to the associated bug tracking
* Added the link "List open topics in project" to all the view topic
screens for user convenience on large multi-project deployments.
* Refactored CvsPserver and CvsLocal into a single object, Cvs.
* It is now possible to specify CVS repositories using the :ext access
method with ssh, providing that the user running the Codestriker web
application can ssh into the specified host without requiring a
password (ie setting up an authorized_keys file on the destination
host). The Codestriker configuration file has an example :ext
repository, and requires the path to ssh to be specified in the $ssh
* Fixed bug where a comment with a " character in it would cause
* In the add comment window, clicking on the "increase context" or
"decrease context" would erase any text which had been written.
This has now been fixed by Kannan Goundan.
* Increasing/decreasing the context from the add comment window would
not focus the main browser window to the exact line the comment was
made from, after the comment has been submitted. This has now been
* Committed in a whole heap of test scripts from Jason Remilliard
which are located in the test/ subdirectory.
* The clearcase diff parser can now handle diffs which describe chunk
movements such as:
-----[deleted/moved 40 after 44 (now at 152)]-----
-----[deleted/moved 42-43 after 44 (now at 154-155)]-----
-----[after 135 inserted/moved 152 (was at 40)]-----
-----[after 135 inserted/moved 154-155 (was at 42-43)]-----
* Perforce integration has been improved to work with older versions
* The subversion diff parser can now handle diffs which contain
property set changes.
* Make sure topics are linked to the default hidden project when
$allow_projects is set to 0. This allows the "topic properties"
screen to work correctly.