IIS6 and Bugzilla tracking

Help
Dave Hoyt
2007-02-22
2013-06-03
  • Dave Hoyt
    Dave Hoyt
    2007-02-22

I am using IIS6 on MS Server 2003 and using ActivePerl ver 5.8.8.8.20.  I have had Bugzilla installed and running for awhile.  I cannot seem to get the bugtracking to work.  When I start a new topic and attempt to enter a bug number, a blank page is displayed when you click "create topic."  This problem is maybe better noted when I attempt to do an "Update Topic" under Topic Properties and I enter a bug number.  The resulting error is: "The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete set of HTTP headers."  Susbsequent Google searches have not come up with anyting definitive.
    Thanks for any assistance,
    Dave

• David Sitsky
      David Sitsky
      2007-02-26

So I take it you can create topics without entering in a bug number?

Is bugzilla running on the same machine as Codestriker?  Often the problems are due to incorrect values set for $bug_db_host, $bug_db_name, $bug_db_password, $bug_db_dbname and $bug_db_user_id.  The last one in particular.  If Bugzilla/Codestriker are running on different hosts, make sure you have the MySQL permissions set correctly so Codestriker can access it.

Is there an error log file that IIS6 has written more information to?

Cheers,
      David

• Dave Hoyt
        Dave Hoyt
        2007-02-26

Yes, I can create topics.  Bugzilla is running on the same machine.  I have $bug_db_host set to 'localhost' (which should be fine) and all others are set correctly.  I am not sure where the error log is for the IIS or if there is even one setup
        - Dave

• David Sitsky
          David Sitsky
          2007-02-26

Try connecting to the mysql database using the mysql client on this machine to make sure all the permissions/parameters are set correctly.

I am pretty sure there is an error log file you can set for IIS, deeply buried somewhere in its configuration.

Cheers,
          David