Help
kfreeman
2008-10-29
2013-06-03
  • kfreeman
    kfreeman
    2008-10-29

Hello,

I've just installed codestriker 1.9.7, and it has a "Log In" link on the Topic List page that isn't documented in the manual and doesn't show up in the manual's screen shots.  I was hoping that it could be used to restrict use codestriker to a set of users that have ids/passwords assigned, but it doesn't appear to do that.  So 1) What's it for?  and 2) is there a way to restrict use to a set of users?  (i.e. anybody who types the right URL will find the codestriker page, how do I restrict who can read/use it?)

Thanks

• David Sitsky
      David Sitsky
      2008-10-29

Check out the codestriker.conf file and read the comment above the $admin_users setting.  This is mentioned in the manual as well - but yes, the screenshots are way out of date.

• kfreeman
        kfreeman
        2008-10-29

Thanks, I did read that, but the comment suggests that it is only used to restrict create/edit/delete projects, it doesn't mention topics.  Plus it looks like it lets anybody create a new id, so it doesn't really meet my needs.  I'll have to use Apache authentication.

• David Sitsky
          David Sitsky
          2008-10-30

In theory, once you have all users created, you can change the following two files:

lib/Codestriker/Http/Method/CreateNewUserMethod.pm
          lib/Codestriker/Http/Method/AddNewUserMethod.pm

from this:

sub requires_authentication {
              return 0;
          }

to this:

sub requires_authentication {
              return 1;
          }

This will prevent new users being allowed to be created.