Help
sodar
2007-11-30
2013-06-03
  • sodar
    sodar
    2007-11-30

Hi all,

I downloaded and installed codestriker yesterday. It's so great!

But when I create a new topic, the system always report me an error message like this:

----------------------------------------------------
    Software error:
    Can't locate object method "message" via package "smtp" (perhaps you forgot to load "smtp"?) at D:/codestriker-1.9.4/bin/../lib/Codestriker/TopicListeners/Email.pm line 509, <fh00001D%3A\a.txt> line 272.

For help, please send mail to the webmaster (webmaster@domain.com), giving this error message and the time and date of the error.

I have configed the Email part in "codestriker.conf" as this:
    $mailhost = '192.168.0.254';
    $mailuser = 'codestriker';
    $mailpasswd = 'codestriker';

Anyone give me some advice? Thanks very much!

sodar
    2007-11-29

• David Sitsky
      David Sitsky
      2007-11-30

Hmmm - that is annoying.  That line corresponds to an error, something has gone wrong when your email message was being sent.

Check your codestriker config so that it is connected to a valid email server.  Your apache error log file may have more clues.

Cheers,
      David

• David Sitsky
      David Sitsky
      2007-11-30

Hi - I actually noticed a typo in Email.pm.  Can you open up D:/codestriker-1.9.4/bin/../lib/Codestriker/TopicListeners/Email.pm, go to line 509, and replace:

$smtp->ok() || return "Couldn't send email $!, " . smtp->message();

with

$smtp->ok() || return "Couldn't send email $!, " . $smtp->message();

Do the same a few more lines below.  Restart apache, then you should see a better error message.  Does your email server really require a username/password to connect with?

Anyway - the error message should now have more info.  Please let me know how you go.

Cheers,
      David

• sodar
      sodar
      2007-12-03

Hi David:

I have fixed the issue, but still no email sent out. The error message is:
      Couldn't send email , Enter mail, end with . Message does not conform to standards

Topic created
      Topic title: Review accies.cpp
      Author: sundongxu@rd.cnbp
      Topic URL: http://dev/codestriker/codestriker.pl?topic=6671752&action=view
      Email has been sent to: sundongxu@rd.cnbp, webmaster@rd.cnbp

'192.168.0.254' is my email server address. My email server really don't need SMTP authentication. I commented out 'mailuser' and 'mailpasswd' line, but the error still on.

I'm not so familiar with Perl, I'm sorry for can't supply more detail information.

Best Regards,
      Sodar