Help with CVS SSPI protocol

Help
2007-06-12
2013-06-03
  • The Java Coder
    The Java Coder
    2007-06-12

I am trying to setup Codestriker with CVS - sspi. But it says, the repository specified is invalid. I saw options for adding repositories with pserver & ext protocol. Does CodeStriker work with sspi protocol based CVS repositoties.

I know sometime we need to connect ( saw Eclipse plugin using extnt application for connecting to CVS:sspi ) using extnt. But this should be used by Codestriker from within the code.

Has anybody come across such a problem and knows the solution ?

Regards,
    Vikram

• David Sitsky
      David Sitsky
      2007-06-13

Hi Vikram,

Codestriker doesn't support this protocol, and I have to be honest, I have never heard of it until now.  I can see it is a CVS NT specific protocol.  I'll make some changes for Codestriker to support it.  Can you send me an email to sits AT users DOT sourceforge DOT net with your repository string?  Thanks.

Cheers,
      David

• The Java Coder
      The Java Coder
      2007-06-26

Here is the connection string for CVS repository:
      :sspi:<host address>:\ANDCVS

• David Sitsky
        David Sitsky
        2007-06-26

When I did some research on this, I found the more general form of the repository string when using sspi should be the following:

:sspi:MYNTDOMAIN\jdoe:password@mycvsserver:c:\repository_on_server

Won't you need to specify the username and password in your situation?  Also, I presume you also need to specify the drive letter on your server machine as well?

Once you have confirmed this - I'll go ahead and add support for it.

Cheers,
        David

• The Java Coder
          The Java Coder
          2007-06-27

Actually i am not using user name & password anywhere in the repository string. also the Repository path is not absolute path but the path specified in CVS Control panel, like \AnDCVS actually it maps to some "physical" path. But that need not be specified in repository string.

I also read somewhere that we need to put user name & password in rep connect string, but we are not specifying, may be the WinCVS client picks the active user name and sends it. Also it doesnt require password for authentication on server side. But i am not sure.

thanks a lot for all your help in supporting this request.

• The Java Coder
      The Java Coder
      2007-06-26

As a work around, I installed CodeStriker on the same machine as my repository was, this was i could provide a local directory path to CodeStriker and it worked. But its not always feasible. :( So any fix to support sspi protocol will be of great help.

• Mark
      Mark
      2007-11-07

David:

• Mark
      Mark
      2007-11-07

David, your last message was that you were waiting for some kind of confirmation to work on this.  Could you please let me know if this work is progressing?  I'm looking at codestriker, and we are also communicating with our CVS repositories via SSPI and I cannot install codestriker on the same machine as Vikram was able to do as a work around. Our connection string looks like
      :sspi;hostname=<hostname>:<hostname>:<port>/<path to repository>  I'm going to try to find the rules for this connection string too.  I think it probably should take an optional user and password.  I'll post it here if and when I find something.