Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

ClearCase CtCmd.dll available somewhere?

Help
rico_g
2007-08-25
2013-06-03
  • rico_g
    rico_g
    2007-08-25

Hi,

I'm having trouble building the ClearCase Perl module ClearCase::CtCmd on Windows and Linux. For Windows I don't have the correct build environment set up and for Linux I ran into an issue that is only addressed for Solaris (http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21259667), not for Linux.

Here my question: is the ClearCase DLL, CtCmd.dll, avialable for download somewhere so that I don't have to build the Perl module myself?

Thanks,
    Rico.

• David Sitsky
      David Sitsky
      2007-08-28

Hi,

You'll need to build this files specific for your environment.  The README file in the distribution also seems to have information on the issue I think you are reporting, and how to work around it.  Its pretty yukky I have to say.

Sorry I can't be more help - I don't use ClearCase.  I only know there are people using this on Linux and Windows.

Perhaps you can email the authors for help if you are still stuck.

Cheers,
      David

• Sam Lai
      Sam Lai
      2007-10-23

If you read the actual code (C:\codestriker\lib\Codestriker\Repository\ClearCaseDynamic.pm), you don't need ClearCase::CtCmd under Windows.  You'll have to modify ClearCaseDynamic.pm and install.pl.  However, I haven't tested it yet, so I don't know whether it works or not.

# Check if we are running under Windows, which doesn't support
          # the setview and endview commands.
          if (! Codestriker::is_windows()) {
          # Set the current view to the repository's dynamic view name.
          $clearcase = ClearCase::CtCmd->new();
          (my $status, my $stdout, $error_msg) =
              $clearcase->exec('setview', $self->{dynamic_view_name});

# Check the result of the setview command.
          if ($status) {
              $error_msg = "Failed to open view: " . $self->{dynamic_view_name} .
              ": $error_msg\n";
              print STDERR "$error_msg\n";
              return $error_msg;
          }
          }