Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Configuring ClearCase issue

ragu
2007-01-09
2013-06-03
  • ragu
    ragu
    2007-01-09

Hi

I have configured the codestriker.conf file for clearcase and getting the below error in the browser.  I would like to know whether i am doing correct or wrong input values when providing the values for start tag,end tag and modules.

Configured dynamic view in codestriker.conf file

# The next example is a repository based off a ClearCase dynamic view.
         # The clearcase identifier is followed by the dyn indicator,
         # followed by the view name, followed by the location where the
         # view is loaded.
         # 'clearcase:dyn:viewname:/vobs'
          'clearcase:dyn:ragoubady_oss_jm_rc4:/vobs/cnos_atm_configuration'

our vob will look like

I am always getting the below error

Error message in browser

Repository "clearcase:dyn:ragoubady_oss_jm_rc4:/vobs" does not support tag retrieval, you have to use the text file upload.

Inputs information
    Start Tag value :

/cnos_ACTIVITY/bin/buildAll.csh@@/main/2

Is it correct tag or what value i have to give here.

End Tag value

/cnos_ACTIVITY/bin/buildAll.csh@@/main/1

Is it correct tag value or what value i have to give here.

Module:

/vobs/cnos_atm_configuration/cnos_ACTIVITY/bin

Is it correct module tag or what value i have to give here.

Please let me know whether codestriker will support clearcase just by configuring the conf file or we need to do some more activities.

Also correct me if I gave wrong input values.

Thanks and Regards
    E.Ragoubady

• David Sitsky
      David Sitsky
      2007-01-09

As I wrote to you in an email - this repository type doesn't support creating topics by entering in a start/end tag yet.

For now - you'll have to create the topic from the command line, and then upload the diff file.  Check out the manual for more details.

Cheers,
      David

• ragu
      ragu
      2007-01-11

Hi

I can able to configure and work on codestriker as David described in his mail. I am getting some problem when I tried to see the complete file using "Parallel" link and I cant see the complete file also

I am getting the below error in apache logs.

[Wed Jan 10 18:57:39 2007] [error] [client 172.16.55.96] Codestriker: clearcase DYN match repository: "clearcase:dyn:ragoubady_oss_jm_rc4:/vobs/cnos_atm_configuration"
      [Wed Jan 10 18:57:39 2007] [error] [client 172.16.55.96] rpcudp_create: RPC: Remote system error - No such file or directory [Wed Jan 10 18:57:39 2007] [error] [client 172.16.55.96] Failed to open view: ragoubady_oss_jm_rc4: ClearCase::CtCmd: Error: Unable to contact albd_server on host 'congo'

I got the same error when I tried to do the make -e test for the CtCmd module. I corrected this error by setting the environment variable LD_PRELOAD=/usr/ucblib/librpcsoc.so.

But I don’t know how to set this environment variable at runtime to avoid this error.

Please help me to solve this error and also let me know way to see the file parallely in codestriker.

Thanks and Regards
      E.Ragoubady

• David Sitsky
        David Sitsky
        2007-01-11

As I wrote to you in the email - you need to set this environment variable in your apache conf file, something like:

SetEnv LD_PRELOAD "/usr/ucblib/librpcsoc.so"

• ragu
      ragu
      2007-01-12

Thanks for your help.

I have configured it by setting the below value in the httpd.conf file and it works fine.

SetEnv LD_PRELOAD "/usr/ucblib/librpcsoc.so"

Any idea when the StartTag and EndTag support for clearcase will be released in codestriker.

Thanks and Regards
      E.Ragoubady