Codestriker is not formatting tabbed code correctly. I think the code to display tabs in Codestriker, the algorithm is faulty. This was reported by a Codestriker user after the new Codestriker got installed. I went ahead and looked at the tabs processing roputine in TabToNbspLineFilter.pm and the algorithm appears incorrect. I am attaching his comments and the sample screen shot. The AR is about how the current code does not seem to be working as intended. In the review mentioned in the AR, the line in question (1344) does not display correctly whether I have codestriker set to tabstop 4 or 8, while in the actual source file it is correct.
For example, open that original review at .. Set tabstop to 8 and fixed-width font, then open the parallel view window. Look on the original (left) side of the view, at lines 1320-1329. Each of those lines is formatted with one tab, then 0, 2, 4, or 6 spaces, except 1321 and 1322 begin with four tabs and no spaces. In the original source file,
1320 and 1323 should be aligned the same (single tab),
1324 and 1329 should be aligned the same (single tab plus 2 spaces),
1325-1327 should be aligned the same (tab plus 4 spaces),
1328 should be another two spaces in, tab plus 6 spaces.
That is not what I see on the screen. What I actually see displayed is
1323 is two spaces to the left of 1320 even though they both begin with a single tab and no spaces
1329 is one space to the right of 1324 even though they both begin with a tab and 2 spaces
1325, 1326, and 1327 are all at different offsets even though they all begin with a tab and 4 spaces
1328 is the same as 1327 even though they should be different.
This shows up all over the file, and I've seen it in lots, maybe all, reviews since the codestriker upgrade. It doesn't look like the algorithm that's supposed to be generating the display is actually working.
I have deleted the URL he gave from this because I cannot show you confidential material, but I have a screenshot of what this user is talking about, and I tested with the algorithm on our test servers. It is not working.