Help
Kevin
2008-08-26
2016-12-13
  • Kevin

Kevin - 2008-08-26

WinXP
    Batch install

I edited the config file, but every time I go to start the service, it says it stopped.  Here is the message I am getting:

"The Cntlm Authentication Proxy service on Local Computer started and then stopped.  Some services stop automatically if they have no work to do, for example, the Performance Logs and Alerts service."

It worked on first use, but now doesn't work.  I use it so I can use Opera at work and not get the one million pop ups asking me to re enter my proxy password.  It worked for a few days, and now it doesn't.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• David Kubicek

David Kubicek - 2008-09-09

Well, something has changed on your computer or network. You might have deleted Cygwin DLL or broken your configuration; configured proxy hostname doesn't resolve anymore... whatever. I have no idea what you or someone else did to your installation/network.

I suggest you open the DOS windows (cmd.exe / command.exe), CD (change dir.) to the Cntlm installation directory and then try running it with "-v -f" options AS IT SAYS IN OUR WIKI. You'll see it starting, you'll see a lot of info and before it dies, it will probably tell you WHY. Try it if you didn't already - I was away for some time, maybe you've already got it yourself. :)

In case you don't understand the output, forward it to me and I will tell you what's wrong. See ya!

• Rihab B.

Rihab B. - 2016-12-13

Hi @David, maybe you could help me. I get the same message as Kevin.
        I tried running it with -v -f as you said, but the message I get does not tell a lot as well :

section: global, Username = xxx
        section: global, Domain = xxx
        section: global, PassLM = xxx
        section: global, PassNT = xxx
        section: global, PassNTLMv2 = xxx
        section: global, Workstation = xxx
        section: global, Proxy = xxx
        section: global, NoProxy = xxx
        Default config file opened successfully
        Adding no-proxy for: xxx
        cntlm: No proxy service ports were successfully opened.
        Exitting with error. Check daemon logs or run with -v.

I replaced all the values with xxx, but they're displayed correctly the way I entered them in cntlm.ini.
        I even replaced the 3 cygwin dlls in the cntlm directory. But it did not help either.
        I would be glad if you could help me.
        Thanks,
        Rihab

• Rihab B.

Rihab B. - 2016-12-13

Last edit: Rihab B. 2016-12-13