Installing cntlm on Solaris 10

Help
Don Haney
2013-10-11
2013-10-11
  • Don Haney
    Don Haney
    2013-10-11

I am attemping to install cntlm on my Solaris 10 box. I selected the cntlm-0.92.3.tar.gz from the site, gunzipped it, untarred it and attempted to run the configure command. It failed with a "bad substitution" message.

I edited the configure file to remove the "xlc_r" string from the CCS variable and removed the "&& [ -z "${CCPATH%%/*}" test from the first if statement. I'm not sure that %% is valid for Solaris, but even removing it did not resolve the problem. So, I removed the test. Here are my changes:

Original: if CCPATH=which $c 2>&1 && [ -z "${CCPATH%%/*}" ]; then
    Modified: if [ CCPATH=which $c 2>&1 ]; then

This allowed me to run the configure successfully:

Using to compile Cntlm
    Checking endian... big endian
    Checking strdup... yes
    Checking socklen_t... no
    Checking gethostname... knoxoatstdb

I attempted to run the make, but the make command was not found. I added /usr/ccs/bin to my path to use that make. Is that the correct one? I wasn't sure if I should use /usr/share/lib/make or /usr/xpg4/make.

Re-running make, I now get :

make: Fatal error in reader: Makefile, line 22: Unexpected end of line seen"

I modified Makefile to change the order for the LDFLAGS as I had seen this on one of your responses.

Original: LDFLAGS:=-lpthread $(OSLDFLAGS)
    Modified: LDFLAGS:=$(OSLDFLAGS) -lpthread

Running the make after this gets the same error. What do I need to do to resolve this?

Here is my OS version:

SunOS knoxoatstdb 5.10 Generic_144488-06 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-880

Thanks for any assistance!

Don

• Don Haney
    Don Haney
    2013-10-11

I saw a post that stated that the error being received was sometimes generated when the Solaris make was used and not gmake. I have executed the gmake command and received the following output:

gmake

Compiling utils.c
    Compiling ntlm.c
    ntlm.c: In function ntlm2_calc_resp': ntlm.c:82: warning: long int format, different type arg (arg 3) Compiling xcrypt.c Compiling config.c Compiling socket.c Compiling acl.c Compiling auth.c Compiling http.c Compiling forward.c forward.c: In functionforward_request':
    forward.c:358: warning: dereferencing type-punned pointer will break strict-aliasing rules
    Compiling direct.c
    Compiling scanner.c
    Compiling pages.c
    Compiling main.c
    main.c: In function `main':
    main.c:1411: warning: int format, pid_t arg (arg 4)
    Linking cntlm

I think I saw a message about these in a post on this forum and that they could be ignored. Is this the case?

Thanks,

Don